Saturday, August 15, 2026

Stationery Day

I just learned that there is a Stationery Store Day, celebrated each year on the first Saturday in August throughout the United States and around the world! This site here has a list of officially vetted stationery shops from all over the WORLD.

I also learned that there is a World Stationery Day, coming up on April 28, 2027. It’s an international celebration, and you can read more about it here.

“World Stationery Day celebrates the enduring power and charm of writing tools every last Wednesday of April. This day encourages us to appreciate the pens, paper, and various supplies that facilitate communication and creativity. Rediscover the joy of handwritten notes, journaling, or sketching, and explore the vast world of stationery.”
— National Today

I love stationery! I always have. Ever since I was a kid, I looked forward to the first day of school. I would receive my allowance and head off to Woolworths all by myself to purchase my school supplies—new notebooks, paper, pens, pencils, and a pencil case.

Looking back, I realize that’s where my love of stationery began! There was just something so exciting about choosing those fresh notebooks, colorful pens, and brand-new supplies. Even today, stationery brings back that same little spark of joy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wise Old Owl

Sat there just long enough for me to take the photo “A wise old owl lived in an oak; The more he saw the less he spoke; The less he s...