Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Matchbook Notepads ~ Scrap Buster!

This was a simple little project and a great way to do some “scrap busting” and use up some of my paper stash!

The finished size of these Matchbook Notepads is 3 inches square.

Materials:
I used off-cuts from previous projects, along with white and pastel copy paper (30 sheets for each pad). For the covers, I used scrapbook papers from Echo Park and Carta Bella. Each little notepad requires just two staples.

Making the Matchbook Notepad:
I cut the scrapbook paper to 3 inches x 7 1/8 inches. I then scored the paper at 7/8 inch, 1 inch, 4 1/8 inches, and 4 3/8 inches.

After folding along all the score lines, the cover takes shape like a little “matchbook.”

I then placed the 30 sheets of copy paper inside the cover and stapled them into the front 1/8-inch fold. Two staples, using a regular desktop stapler, are all that’s needed to secure each little pad.

Toss in your bag. Perfect for notes, to-do lists or anytime you need a piece of paper.  Carry them anywhere. Great party favors!

A quick, easy project—and a fun way to use up those leftover scraps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matchbook Notepads with Hidden Staples

I discovered a tutorial that demonstrated how to make these matchbook notepads/notebooks with hidden staples at Remnants Remade here. I bou...