Tuesday, July 21, 2026

My Sketches

I was going through some of my art supplies and  came across these pencil sketches. I drew them quite some time ago and had completely forgotten about them.

As a kid, I spent hours drawing. We didn't have much, but we always had a pencil and paper. 

I've always loved the look of loose watercolor with pen and ink (aka line & wash) and have experimented with them a bit over the years. Hmm, maybe it's time to pick up the pencil and brush again...
 

Wow... this old yellowing newspaper article was from quite a long time ago! It shows me being presented with an award for a pastel painting I did. I think my perspective was a little off and wonky, but I guess the judges liked it!😁 I believe I received the award during my junior year of high school.

Seeing it jogged my memory. I remembered winning an earlier award back in grade school. We were assigned a project to use leftover scraps of colored construction paper from a previous project to create a brand-new piece of art. They liked my 'scrappy art'!

No wonder I'm so good at 'scrap busting' !😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Sketches

I was going through some of my art supplies and  came across these pencil sketches. I drew them quite some time ago and had completely forgo...