Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Hand Stitched Scrappy Bowl

This hand stitched scrappy boho-ish textile bowl was a fun and quick project. I used two pieces of white needled cotton batting basted together for the base. I drew a circle for the size of my bowl and a smaller inner circle for the size of my base. I then cut this circle out and cut 6 equal 'pie' sections to the 'base' of the inner circle. Folded each section up overlapping slightly to create the bowl shape. I used 12wt Egyptian cotton thread and randomly hand stitched my pieces of fabric to this base. 

You can view a demonstration here to create the bowl template.

My wonky, wabi-sabi bowl measures 2"H x 4"Diam. and 2" at the base.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hand Stitched Scrappy Bowl

This hand stitched scrappy boho-ish textile bowl was a fun and quick project. I used two pieces of white needled cotton batting basted toget...